Mother’s Day is May 9th this year; a date that is approaching rapidly. Mother’s seem to be the glue that holds a family together. They fix scraped knees and mend broken hearts. They look out for the kids, the pets, the house, the significant other and never seem to get a break. Family travel vacations are hard to organize because everyone seems so busy, but Mother’s Day might be the perfect time for that family vacation travel getaway.
Mother’s Day is on a Sunday, so taking a weekend away from the norm is a perfect idea. These family vacation deals for Mother’s Day are affordable and fun for everyone in the family, or made specifically for mom in mind. No matter what her preferences are, these activities and getaways are perfect for travel and leisure family vacations.
Spring Day Trips
- Day long travel and leisure family vacations give families time away from their everyday activities while not going too far from home. You will be shocked to find out beautiful park destinations you never knew about close to your home, or outlet malls for the whole family.
Destination and Resort Spa Getaways
- Resorts are a mother’s dream and don’t have to be too expensive. Spas allow for a time to relax and rejuvenate away from the stress of family and work.
Mother’s Day weekend Festivals
- These weekend long festivals are fun for the entire family. Festivals can be a day trip or a special family weekend outing. There are ones in Hilton Head, South Carolina with visual and performing arts events, festivals in North Carolina with bbq cook-offs and international festivals in Kentucky where entertainment, midway games, carnival rides, a car show, contests and vendors give families of all sizes fun activities.
Mountain family travel vacations
- Both the west and east coast have amazing mountain ranges that are peaceful and blooming with life in the spring. The earliest bloom of mountain flowers starts at the lower elevation points and creeps its way up the eastern mountain ranges, making them a breathtaking view around Mother’s Day.
Cooking Classes/Culinary family vacation travel
- Cooking classes are not what they used to be. With the influx of culinary travel, classes and demonstrations have spawned resorts, food festivals, restaurants and shops specifically catering to the culinary arts. Moms can enjoy a fun, upbeat half hour cooking class, or spend the entire weekend at a cooking resort where they have the opportunity to work in state-of-the-art kitchens, work with famous chefs and learn about foods made by different cultures.
- The southeast United States is full of family vacation travel destinations with historical significance. Beautiful historic mansions like Mt. Vernon in Virginia, home to George Washington, and the Historic Natchez in Mississippi, where for five weeks in March private antebellum mansions open their doors to tourists are gorgeous options to visit. There are also battlefields, historic districts and museums that make for great weekend visits. Depending on the distance, these historic family travel vacations can be day trips or an outing for the weekend!